Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ornaments made from Toilet Paper Rolls

Today I'm visiting the Arizona Moms Network sharing a pretty ornament I made from recycled toilet paper rolls.  We are less than a week away from Christmas so I'm sharing my post here today too. 

This would be a great kids craft to try this week. 
I used three toilet paper rolls to make each ornament.
Start by cutting the rolls into 1/4" strips.
Use hot glue to form your ornament base with the cardboard strips.  I applied a small amount of glue to the centers and pushed each piece together.
Next I folded some cardboard pieces in half.
I glued each half piece inside the larger sections.
Using the same technique with the glue I used three folded pieces in each larger section.
Add more cardboard pieces to make the ornament bigger.
I used Krylon's Glitter Blast to add some color to the ornament.
Use a ribbon or wire hanger to put the ornament on your tree.
These would make great toppers for family gifts too.

To turn this into a fun kids craft for younger children use Elmer's glue instead of a hot glue gun.  Skip the paint step and use markers and/or other fun embellishments (rhinestones, stickers, etc.).

I'm linking this post here.
 

9 comments:

Tina said...

That is so pretty!

Stacy said...

I LOVE this Heather! Such a creative idea!

Unknown said...

So pretty and easy! I'm your newest follower from The Girl Creative's Creative Blog Roll!

Dianna
craft-a-spell.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

How pretty! I bet every toilet roll hopes and prays this will be it's destiny instead of the bathroom trash can... alas, only a very few go on to such greatness! You have now done your part to ensure a happier future for those toilet paper rolls of those that read and follow your helpful tutorial. :-)

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Very lovely! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday! Merry Christmas!

Melanie
www.bearrabbitbear.com

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

Cute idea! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link it up to my party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/12/anything-goes-linky-party_22.html. Thanks for sharing!

Carla said...

Those are cool! Thanks for sharing.

Katie said...

These are fabulous! Thank you for sharing with Blog Stalking Thursday. I have featured you from last weeks party. Don't forget to stop by and grab a featured button! I can't wait to see what you post next!

Tami Michel said...

Hi! I love this glittery idea and love love love glitterblast
! I have entered this post in a gallery page called “Ways to Deck the Halls with Glitter”, linking full credit back to your blog, of course. I would love for you to review it and please let me know that I have your approval. Otherwise I will take it off of the page immediately.
Thanks, Tami @ Curb Alert!
http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html